Friday 25 July 2014

THE KICK WAS PAINFUL.

KICK (2014)


I got my KICK today and let me share you the after effects of that Kick. Before I begin to review this movie, let me first place the Warning note for my safety.

Warning: BHAI FANS, I strongly recommend you to skip the section written below this and just have check on the rating. I am just another human being like you who watched the movie and am sharing my views about it. So, No Offense.

Coming back to the review, Let me tell you this film is just the 2009 Telugu Kick wrapped up with Bhai ke posters and presented lavishly. When it comes to Bhai movies we need to follow a ground rule mandatorily, “Keep your brains at rest”. I hope now you follow the dialogue, “Mujhe samajhne ki koshish mat karna, dil me aata hu, samajh me nai”, at least I understood the motto of this dialogue, after and during watching this movie. Sajid & Nadiadwala pairs up to bring a Shit, which is not original either. Plot was borrowed from the south movie and action looks like another Dhoom 3 version, with utterly poor CGI, cars fly like in GTA Vice city. Every bit of the movie is screaming and pointing to Bhai and saying he is the superstar and he can do anything. Take any powerful person on charge, Cops, Army, Weapons, anything, all fall short before him, you know why, because he has borrowed the mask too from Krrish.
Jacquline & Randeep meet up on a train before their marriage, and Jacquline starts ripping off her past with  Devi Lal Singh (Devil) and how it did not work between them, and when she is done with her part Himanshu (Randeep) begins his part of the story, that how he was an unsuccessful cop, and how could he not track down a robber, and eventually the robber turns out to be Devil. The flashback shows why Devil is Devil. As our Devi Lal Singh doesn’t like to lead a life that is normal, he wants some kick in his life, where everything includes Danger at the risk of his life, like helping the two loved ones elope, saving a girl’s izzat at a bar etc, etc. Now the further part of the story is Police-Chasing Chor, but the question remains, why is doing these robberies? It is now when the Devil turns into Angel, as he is helping the children foundation, where the children need heavy cheques for their operation. So, our Bhai comes up with an amazing plan, to rob the Richie and donate the money to the needy, BEING HUMAN!! So, basically this whole 2hours 35 minutes advertisement drew the conclusion that, this was a BEING HUMAN promotion filam.


Talking about the casts, except Salmaan Khan no one exists in his movie we all know that, but this time it is different. Bhai is sharing the screen with few equal shoulders, like Randeep Hooda, Jacquline, and the mentionable Nawazuddin. At the end we all know who is going to stand out of this crowd and take away the movie credits. It so happens in this movie. Jacquline does look pretty and is found more in clubs than her clinic. Songs were mediocre and the action sequence are high octane actions, but nothing much of new in it. CGI is terrible in few scenes.

Final Word: Surely watchable, for the high octane action and heavy dialogues. Bhai is invincible and is capable of doing anything as he is the Devil. I got my Kick, Go get yours.
(The final word looks deceiving right? Hope you consider my warning at the beginning, it’s for my safety :p)

My Rating: 6.2/10

3 comments:

  1. cool..
    nice review and best part is "warning" coz now a days most of the fans got afraid from person like you, who state truth about movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly said, I did add twist in my review, so that even reading the review should buy some entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhai to kuch naya nai dikhata apne movie me, so i thought why not i bring a real kick in my review. So with that thought here is my review. 😉 True story.

    ReplyDelete